The vision of West Carroll Parish schools is to provide a safe, positive school climate in which all students—regardless of their ability levels and ethnicity—are engaged in learning so that, when they leave our schools, they will have acquired and can ably demonstrate:
- a healthy self image and self confidence gained through developmentally appropriate activities and challenges;
- strategies that enable them to operate as resourceful and responsible problem solvers, both independently and cooperatively;
- tolerance, respect, and acceptance for the diversity in our society and the differences in others; and
- the ability to apply a strong foundation of knowledge and communications skills to meet the demands of a rapidly changing world.
VISION STATEMENT IN PRACTICE
- Acknowledge that children are our greatest natural resources.
Treat all students, colleagues, and parents with respect and dignity.
- Work cooperatively with fellow educators, staff members, and parents to establish a positive school culture with a focus on instruction and student achievement.
- Model and promote the qualities of good citizenship, honesty, character, integrity, leadership, fairness, and responsibility.
- Motivate and encourage students and others to reach their potential.
- Prepare all students to meet the challenges of real life.