1. Oak Grove High School will take the following actions to involve parents in the joint development and joint agreement of its Parental Involvement Policy and its school wide plan, if applicable, in an organized, ongoing, and timely way under section 1118(b) of the ESEA:
Gather and disseminate to parents for review the following materials: District wide Parental Involvement Policy, the School’s Parental Involvement Policy, the school-parent compact, and Parent Notices from the Table on page 45 of the Title I, Part A Non-Regulatory Guidance. These materials will be disseminated to parents at Family Nights, School Improvement Plan Committee meetings, and parent/teacher conferences. Written and oral input from parents will be solicited through parent meetings, School/Parent Advisory meetings, parent/teacher conferences, school memos, and other regular written communications with parents.
2. Oak Grove High School will take the following actions to distribute to parents of participating children and the local community the Parental Involvement Policy:
- The School Parental Involvement Policy will be distributed to parents at parent meetings.
- Parents of new participating students will receive the policy upon registration if eligible for Title I.
3. Oak Grove High School will periodically update its Parental Involvement Policy to meet the changing needs of parents and the school through:
- quarterly School Improvement Committee meetings
- regular Family Night meetings
- General School meetings
- Regular PTO Meetings
4. Oak Grove High School will convene an annual meeting to inform parents of the following:
- That Oak Grove High School participates in Title I,
- The requirements of Title I
- Of their rights to be involved as outlined in Table B of Title I, Part A Parental Involvement Non-Regulatory Guidance (page 45), Section 1118; the school-parent compact, Appendix C, page 51 of the Title I, Part A Parental Involvement Non-Regulatory Guidance, the district wide parental involvement policy, and the school’s parental involvement policy and
- Meetings will be held at convenient times to encourage parents to attend. Parents will be notified about meetings through school memos, newspaper, television, and the automated phone system.
5. Oak Grove High School will hold a flexible number of meetings at varying times, and may provide transportation, child care, and/or home visits, paid for with Title I funding as long as these services relate to parental involvement:
To encourage parents to attend these meetings, the school will offer training to parents to improve student success and achievement.
Oak Grove High School will provide information about Title I programs to parents of participating children in a timely manner through the automated phone system, memos, and meetings.
Oak Grove High School will provide parents of participating children with a description and explanation of the curriculum in use at the school, the forms of academic assessment used to measure student progress, and the proficiency levels students are expected to meet through:
- the annual Title I parent meeting
- regular parent/teacher conferences
- Family Nights throughout the year
A) If requested by parents, Oak Grove High School will provide parents of participating children opportunities for regular meetings to formulate suggestions and to participate, as appropriate, in decisions relating to the education of their children, and respond to any such suggestions as soon as practicably possible:
- through prearranged meetings with the Title I Coordinator
- through meetings with the student’s teacher which may include the Title I Coordinator, the principal, and other staff as appropriate
B) Oak Grove High School will submit to the district any parent comments if the school wide plan under section (1114)(b)(2) is not satisfactory to parents of participating children:
- Parents may submit comments in writing regarding the school wide plan to their child’s teacher, the Title I Coordinator, the principal, or the appropriate department within West Carroll Parish School District.